Remote Education aims and ambition:
The school set an ambitious vision to achieve an outstanding blended learning curriculum by the end of 2023, regardless of lockdowns, to support pupils in ‘catch-up’ through the use of IT devices.
This will ensure that the curriculum will be delivered at school, but also within the home to further develop learning and understanding.
The school have set three overarching aims with regards to our remote learning ambition:
- Curriculum delivery will be high-quality and the same for all pupils, whether working at home or at school, with a focus on developing independent learners in all age groups.
- All staff will be confident in delivering and using ICT systems due to an extensive CPD delivery programme.
- Pupil, peer and teacher interaction is critical in maintaining positive relationships and ensuring curriculum work meets individual pupil need (including SEND).
Steps we have taken to achieve this:
- Training will begin for all teaching staff to achieve Google educator level 1 by March 2023.
- Regular parental webinars will be held throughout 2022, and will continued into 2023.
- One to two devices were ordered for all KS2 children in July 2022.
How does remote learning work at Bilton Community?
- Lessons and activities will be delivered through the use of Google classroom (Tapestry in EYFS).
- Days will follow the normal school timetable, in so far as possible, with breaks built in throughout the day.
- Registration, and a morning welcome will begin every day through a live meet, so pupils can see their friends and teachers every day.
- Recorded inputs or live inputs to all lessons will be posted to Google classroom each day. Teachers will then be available to support that activity through the live chat facility, during timetabled lesson times.
- Feedback and assessment will be through google docs and private messaging.
- Lessons will build on the previous learning.
- These protocols will continue should any individual be self-isolating or a class or year group bubble close.
What other resources are available?
The school subscribes to a number of platforms to enhance the curriculum offer at Bilton Community. Pupils can login into these at any time to further support their learning:
- Purple Mash- an online platform to support all areas of the curriculum in a fun-based way.
- Espresso- a range of cross-curricular resources to deepen understanding across the curriculum suitable for children from FS1 to Y6.
Remote learning and staying safe:
Children's safety remains a priority. If you have any concerns regarding your child's online safety please contact us to discuss. See below for e-safety links: